Part of my job here at I am Second is to coordinate volunteers for our transcribing needs. It’s a little bit tedious, but I am encouraged every single time I have a deadline. One post to facebook saying “I need some volunteers” and all of the sudden I have about 100 volunteers ready and willing to help! Something about this campaign makes people want to jump in a get involved. We love that! We love our volunteers and we love seeing people take this ministry and run with it.
Let me give you a little bit of insider information on I am Second. It should never be about “What we’re doing”. Obviously, it’s about Christ. But specifically, it’s defined by I am Second empowering YOU to make disciples. I am Second is only as effective as the people who take it and do something with it—those people who see its potential and they get after it. I want to give you—a reader of this blog, a fan of I am Second, a believer in Christ—a few ideas and opportunities to use I am Second to reach those who need Christ. The holiday season is quickly approaching and there is a lot of buzz around this office with different ways to for YOU to jump in. These range from big to commitment to smaller easier tasks. If half of our fans picked one thing and did it, who knows what kind of movement it could start! So here’s the list:
- Start an I am Second Group – Are you looking for a way to engage your friends in spiritual conversation in a non-threatening way? Our discussion groups will do the trick! I get emails every single day about people wanting to join an I am Second Group, but the truth is, most of the locations they bring up don’t have an I am Second Group yet. That means we need some people to step up and start groups. If you haven’t check out anything about I am Second Groups, or want to know more, visit https://iamsecond.com/getinvolved/GroupTools.html.
- Hope for the Holidays – This is a tool to help you reach out to people that you know are hurting and will be having a tough holiday season. It is a shorter version of a usual I am Second Group and has three lessons focused on different areas of pain. https://iamsecond.com/hope
- Holiday Merchandise – Just in time for Christmas, we have a bunch of holiday gear you can order that will are great conversation starters. Anyone who has a shirt can tell you: I am Second gear opens up so many doors for conversation! Buy something for you, your friends and your family online: http://members.printable.com/theodeeco/iamsecond/
- Post – This week we’ll have two new videos an I am Second video on your facebook page, blog, or twitter account. We have videos posted on both facebook (http://www.facebook.com/iam2nd) and youtube(http://youtube.com/iamsecondhq) to make it extremely easy for you to turn around and post to your profile, or status. Share I am Second with your friends and strike up some conversation. You never know who will be touched!
- Volunteer – There aren’t always opportunities to volunteer at events or transcribing, so that’s why I’m giving you these other options. But if the opportunities do arise, we’d love to have you help us out!
- If you have any other ideas tell us about them! – This is by no means an exhaustive list. If you can think of other ways to share Christ using I am Second, let us know about it!
I’ve listed these in order of potential spiritual impact (which usually has to do with time commitment as well). We would love for all of you to at least try starting an I am Second group if you have the time. It will change you!
So what are you going to do?